RE: [AV Media Matters] Baking magnetic tape

There was an article about tape baking in the May 1990 issue of "Mix".

I have been baking tapes for about ten years with no problems, BUT you should
not try this without first learning the potential problems.

Jim Wheeler

Moderators Comment:
We have cautioned people against baking for quite some time - there is an
article that has finally come out that discussed this at some length.
Billboard Mag on June 5, 1999 - on the cover no less.  Article titled
"Industry's Catalog At Risk - Archived Tapes Could be Lost To Binder
Problem" by Bill Holland.  It is not available on line unless you subscribe
to their service - so a local library may be the best way of getting it.

jim lindner