RE: [AV Media Matters] Regular winding/rewinding of tape and film

Okay, Jim & Jim and everybody.

Now that this one is on the table, I have a related
question--unless it's covered in your answer and I simply
didn't understand it.

I've been led to believe that another(?) reason for
rewinding tapes periodically is to leseen/avoid
"print through" of the signal between adjacent layers (at
least on audio tapes).

Is this actually a separate issue to be concerned with--or
no more likely in backcoated tapes that don't receive
periodic rewinding?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
Jeff Clark