Re: RE: [AV Media Matters] Regular winding/rewinding of tape and film

There is an interesting article on this by Dietrich Schuller in
the IASA bulletin. According to him print thru takes place in the
first 24 hours after a tape is recorded. He suggests various
measures to avoid this at this stage. According to Schuller and the
Technical Committee of the IASA rewinding is not required for
avoiding print thru if your storage is cold and dry enough.