[AV Media Matters] Digital Camera for poster project

     I am looking for the best, but reasonably priced, digital camera
     (preferably $1,000 or less) to capture images of (for access purposes
     only) the McCormick-International Harvester Co. posters we will be
     physically preserving and storing.

     I would like to find a reasonably priced camera that will give us the
     highest quality image currently available.

     Anyone compared digital cameras recently?  Are there guidelines for
     comparing digital cameras?  What should I be looking for?  Could
     anyone help me cut to a manageable one or few cameras to compare and
     select among?

     Thanks, in advance.

     Sharlane Grant
     Preservation Officer