Re: [ARSCLIST] New LoC Recording Registry

I was under the impression it was just for American artists.

                              Roger

--- On Wed, 6/10/09, Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] New LoC Recording Registry
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 6:39 PM

Jim has a good point. Why is the Who in the LOC registry? Are there any Ventures, Seeds, Strawberry Alarmclock, Hourglass? Also, as much as I love the Who, they've freely admitted that their early stuff was heavily copped from James Brown, Motown, Stax, Duke/Peacock, etc. Why not put the original source material in the Registry first? The Who album that belongs in the all the registries is "Tommy" and perhaps "Quadrophenia." Those were truly something new and different.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Sam" <jsam.audio@xxxxxxxxx>