Re: [ARSCLIST] Shelf stack (box) archiving of 10" 78rpm disks

----- Original Message ----- From: "D P Ingram" <darren@xxxxxxxxx>
I know about your milk boxes from 78-L :) But sadly I doubt they are sourceable through official channels, especially for affordable shipment to Europe.

This actually opens TWO separate questions...!

First...how are dairy products delivered in Europe?! I have seen milk
boxes all over North America (as well as FROM all over as well...?!)...

Second, an implied "question"...! Since these plastic objects are stamped
out in huge quantities...I assume the manufacturer thereof could make
them available for the same price that the dairies pay give or take...?!

If not, an obvious problem arises; 78 collectors/dealers need a simple
yet VERY durable way to ship large quantities thereof...! In order to
safely ship large quantities of 78's, one essentially has to create the
functional equivalent of VERY heavy cylindrical objects (100 78's will
weigh 50 pounds, or about 22 kg...and make "cylinders" 10" in diameter
by about 10" long) which can easily batter their way out of cardboard
containers...?!