To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Good industrial-strength LP cartridge for spoken-word material/stanton

I too use a Stanton 500 with various stylus.. my next link in the chain is a flat pre amp which has a 47k 200 pff network across the input to match the Stanton loading requirement followed by a 1/3 octive equalizer to custom set recording curves or lack of for best overall response.
The best thing about using an equalizer to set playback curves is that older recordings can get very tubby in the mid low with RIAA equ pre amps.
dmw