kind of in reverse order  but you will see why..
1) All magnetic cartridges used today require additional amplification to be used with a turntable connected  to the "line in" of a computer sound card. Thus the term pre amp(lifier).
Many Hi Fi stand alone units have these built internally, with jacks labeled  "Phono in"   as well as "line in".
Computer sound cards are specified as "line in" devices or microphone.

2) RIAA eq?  This is a specific recording standard used in the  recording and reproduction of LP recordings.
To compensate for mechanical and acoustical limitations of disc recording the high frequencies are boosted by a specific amount  and  the low frequencies are reduced by a specific amount.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) adopted an industry standard for all records. This is known as the RIAA  curve and modern "Pre amps", as described in item 1, have this equalization network included in them.
At one time several companies (Shure, GE, CalRad) had pre amps with a switch to  provide mic, flat (no eq) or phono with eq.

#3) 47k,220/200 ppf capacitor network. This is a specific resistor/capacitor  combination that  cartridge manufactures use to assure a response from their cartridge without  sever peaks in response.
Some pre amps have adopted this others  leave it to the user to match the particular cartridge they are using.
The components are standard off the shelf components from RShack, local electronics store or ham radio outlet.

I hope this hasent made things more confusing... ive tried to demystify the engineer  language and  get it to  street level.

dnw