Re: [ARSCLIST] "Country discovery is reel find"

At 12:25 PM 2009-03-23, Clark Johnsen wrote:

Moreover, what of the legal implications? My friend John Marks, himself a
fine recordist and label owner (JMR Records) and prolific writer on audio
topics (Stereophile) -- and an attorney! --  sent me this to share:

Fascinating.

<snip>

In my hypothetical, I'd expect the venue to say, we are involuntarily your
partner, you thief, but equal partners nonetheless...

Hi, Clark,

Could you ask John Marks the legal theory behind this?

Where does the venue own anything, unless they consider themselves the promoter and the artist performing a "work for hire"?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Richard