Re: [ARSCLIST] Failed Cassette surgery

Hello, Peter,

Please read this thread on the ARSC WebBoard
http://arsc-aaa.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=346

Then take a look here, but you probably know all about this:
http://richardhess.com/notes/2006/03/06/loading-c-0-cassettes/

If you used the old hubs and dropped them into the new shell, as opposed to the technique I show above, there is a chance that the hubs are binding -- one of the reasons I developed this method of re-shelling. Also, it avoids all the fussy little parts.

The web-board discussion is a good one concerning what I want to call "coning" of the tape pack in the cassette which causes a jam.

Another cause of a jam is foreign liquids. I've seen coffee or some similar material essentially glue the edges of the tape pack together. The potential client didn't want to pay me to wash the tape.

Can I get the tape transferred for you? Probably...but it may be rather expensive as you've already done all the easy things and I may have to just work through spending a lot of time with it.

What brand of tape and what length (C-xx?)

Cheers,

Richard