Re: [ARSCLIST] audio reel to reel - how bad is bad - or is this pre-cupping?

I have seen this on some tapes that have been played - or rewound - on misiadjusted tape decks, so that they were wound at some time with the edges badly aligned. Some of them would go back to normal if properly played and stored, and some would not.

Whether they are mylar or acetate might be good information to have. I'll let the real experts step in, just wanted to say I have seen something like this too. I dont' know the real answer.

Lou
Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689