[ARSCLIST] audio reel to reel - how bad is bad - or is this pre-cupping?

All,

Forgive my newbie-ness but I am looking at a collection of reel-to-reel
audio tapes that we have and I have noticed that some of them have what
I would describe as kind of 'pre' cupping - that is, they aren't
drastically curved and don't look like pictures of real cupping that I
have seen, but they are a little bit curved, and when I look through the
clear plastic reel, the outer 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch looks different from
the rest of the tape - like it is not lying quite as flat.

SO - how bad is this? Is there a word for this? I have looked around on
the web but mostly found stuff about true cupping.

Thanks so much.

Melodie Morgan Frances
Head of Cataloging
Graduate Theological Union