From: Richard L. Hess <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:02 am
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital oral history recorders - any recommendations?

At 01:00 PM 2009-01-26, Paul D wrote:?
>Why not go with a digital video recorder as well? It would be nice >to see the people as they show artifacts or images from the past.?
?
On projects that I've seen that take this route, it raises far more challenges in archiving and access than audio-only. I agree it has benefits, but it also substantially increases the archival costs long-term, at least in my perspective.?
?
Cheers,?
?
Richard?
?
Richard L. Hess email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
Aurora, Ontario, Canada (905) 713 6733 1-877-TAPE-FIX?
Detailed contact information: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm?