Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital oral history recorders - any recommendations?

Why not go with a digital video recorder as well? It would be nice to see the people as they show artifacts or images from the past.

http://moneywisdom-gold.blogspot.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Burke <burke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 9:44 am
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital oral history recorders - any recommendations?

Hi John,?
?
We use the Edirol R-01 and R-09 models here at Hoover. They do everything?
we need them to do (16/44.1 WAV, multiple input/output options, etc) and, perhaps,?
more importantly, have interfaces that are easy to understand.?
?
As often as not, researchers and curators take these recorders with them off-site?
so when i was shopping around it was imperative that we get something with?
a relatively intuitive series of buttons and displays. For example, i recommend?
recorders with buttons that emulate the Play/Rec/Pause/etc buttons on cassette?
recorders since most people using the thing are already familiar with the way?
hand-held cassette recorders work; something that stands to save you countless?
hours dealing with "tech support" calls and emails from whomever is using it.?
?
Note: While i actually like the R-01 model a little better, Edirol discontinued it?
which is why our second recorder is an R-09.?
?
?
cheers,?
Brandon Burke?
?
____________________________________?
Brandon Burke?
Archivist for Recorded Sound Collections?
Hoover Institution Archives?
Stanford University?
Stanford, CA 94305-6010?
vox: 650.724.9711?