[ARSCLIST] Digital oral history recorders - any recommendations?

We are looking to apply for a grant in order to purchase some digital
recorders for oral history interviews.  Up until now we have been using
cassettes.  I was curious if any of you have any experience with any
particular models, or any recommendations?  Keep in mind that these
devices will probably be used by a variety of interviewers (historians,
volunteers, etc.), none of them audio engineers, so ease and simplicity
of use is probably the most important factor.