Re: [ARSCLIST] rehousing audio cassettes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Richard:
I very much agree with you that all magnetic tapes are finite, so anything of value on them should be transferred as the clock is always ticking.

In fact...I have hundreds of "cassettes"...even including a handful of VERY early
Philips cassettes, bought at the PX in Garmisch, Germany in 1967 (when that
was the only brand available...!). All of them seem to play as well as they EVER
did...! I'm hoping to connect the "Line Out" on a cassette deck I own to the
"Line In" on my sound card...a cheap (and dirty?) method of digitizing my
cassette holdings...!