Re: [ARSCLIST] Seeking some OTR audio

At 12/29/2008 03:48 AM, Tom Fine wrote:
I'm looking for decent-quality audio of the following old radio programs. Any leads most appreciated.

"Open Letter on Race Hatred" - CBS, summer 1943, with ending statement by Wendell Willkie

"An American In England" radio series produced by Edward R. Murrow, written and directed by Norman Corwin, done at the BBC in England. The first show was broadcast live, subsequent shows were recorded and broadcast by transcription.

Copies of the first six "An American in England" programs are available from the University of Memphis' Radio Program Archive. It has been my experience that the programs in the Memphis archive are of reasonable quality -- and considering that they're analog copies, you shouldn't have any problems with swishes or other digital artifacts.
https://umdrive.memphis.edu/mbensman/public.

John Ross