Re: [ARSCLIST] Suggestions needed re: crashed disk drive recovery

--- On Wed, 12/17/08, Eric Jacobs <EricJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If the HDD is formatted for use with the Mac OS or some
> other flavor of UNIX, I'm not sure what the appropriate
> tool would be for repairing the index/TOC (if that's the
> problem).

fsck, which can pretty much fix anything except a mechanical
failure.  If the data is important enough to put on a RAID
array, one would hope that they'd be using a Unix or Linux
server.  RAID on Windows is kinda like going out in the
snow wearing one boot.  You're half protected. :-)