Re: [ARSCLIST] "Difference Track"

This is not the answer you seek, but common practice if the proper head is not available to use the left or upper track only for mono cassettes, and to mix the two channels equally for records to cancel the difference noise.

Stereo cassete heads have a wider path than mono ones, so the right channel gets extra hiss from the guard band. And with wandering azimuth on casettes I will use only th left for mono...

I'll step aside now for the rest of the answers...

<L>