[ARSCLIST] "Difference Track"

Hello,

I have read that when mono recordings (such as Records and Cassettes) are Digitized in stereo, using stereo playback equipment, there is a "Difference Track"... i.e., on a digitized recording that originated from a cassette being played on a stereo deck, that one of the resulting channels will usually have a great deal more tape hiss, and lower fidelity, than the other... I have also read that certain digital recording/editing/restoration software (namely Adobe Audition, and Diamond Cut Pro) can find and eliminate this track, presumably by finding and eliminating any frequencies that are not common to the two channels... I have Diamond Cut Pro... is there anyone here who is familiar with Diamond Cut Pro, and can tell me how to use this function in the software? Thanks in advance.