Re: [ARSCLIST] Audograph disc

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel@xxxxxxxxx>
This was a constant linear speed machine.  There was no turntable motor.
There was a small motor and rubber wheel in the arm which drove the
turntable.  The speed would constantly change from the outside to the
inside.  I'm not sure if they ever published the specs.  They would
never expect they would be played back on anything but their own
machines.

"Constant linear speed machines" have, AFAIK, never done much except
generate phonorecords which cannot be usefully played except on their
own specific brand of machines! I have one of the UK make (forget its
name) of the twenties...and playing it on a normal 78 machine is an odd...
but useless from a listening standpoint...experience...?!