Re: [ARSCLIST] Audograph disc

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Audograph disc
From: Stewart Adam <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, October 16, 2008 8:40 am
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello

> I would like to know what is the eq curve for Gray Audograph discs.

The best way to figure it out would be to get a machine and do tests on
it.  The microphone would have a large effect on it.  I provided a
SoundScriber machine to a group dubbing off a large set of discs and
making a curve by testing a new recording resulted in a very good
reproduction of the discs.  But I don't think I have a recording Gray
machine.

> Also I know that the speed changes during playback on a turntable.
> What is the amount of speed correction needed? Any assistance would
> be greatly appreciated.  Thank you   Stewart Adam   Creative Audio Works
> http://www.creativeaudioworks.com

This was a constant linear speed machine.  There was no turntable motor.
 There was a small motor and rubber wheel in the arm which drove the
turntable.  The speed would constantly change from the outside to the
inside.  I'm not sure if they ever published the specs.  They would
never expect they would be played back on anything but their own
machines.

Mike Biel   mbiel@xxxxxxxxx