Re: [ARSCLIST] Aren't recordings original sources?

At 10/16/2008 07:46 PM, M Rockwell wrote:
And how about that awful, noisy step-down transformer out on the pole? What are you gonna do about that?
Bah.

That's what "power conditioners" are for. I have seen the difference on a 'scope before and after something filters out the noise on an AC line, but I would not want to argue that there's an audible difference to the sound of amplifiers using filtered AC based on my own subjective listening.

Placebo effect, anyone? If it cost all that money, it must do *something*, mustn't it?

John Ross