From: Aaron Levinson <aaron.levinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Gotham Records and Goody Records
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 8:06 AM

Amazingly Gotham still survives today as the Discmaker empire. They
recently bought CD Baby as a matter of fact. The Empire label was owned
by Morris Ballen and the Ballen family to my knowledge are still in the
driver's seat. They actually put out a surprisingly good number of
records in a variety of genres. I do not believe that the Gotham catalog
has ever been reissued but
someone should do it as the stuff was quite hip overall. As far as the
Goody connection goes I would be surprised if it was not Sam
Goody as Morris and Sam were to my knowledge contemporaries.

AA