Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury MG10000 series listing or discography

Tom Fine wrote:

PS -- thanks Dave Lennick. I have no 10000 series albums with lists of other albums on the backs. This must have been a Canadian thing or perhaps an earlier or later versions than I have thing.

We were buying Mercury LPs from a jobber in the early 50s (at least I'll give him the benefit of the doubt..they weren't off the back of a truck, at any rate) and I presume these were the earliest Canadian pressings. For some reason while the 78s and 45s were clearly identified as to location, the LPs didn't show a Canadian pressing until the Olympians began to appear. As a result, we got no liner notes and in a few cases like "Songs of Israel" and "Tenor Jazz", not even the slightest indication of who performed what. MG 20016 (Tenor Jazz) lists several more numbers on the reverse, such as MG 10012/14/16/38/44/48/35.

dl