To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury MG10000 series listing or discography

Tom Fine wrote:
Does anyone have a listing or better yet a discography of the Mercury MG10000 series, the first LP's?
David Lennick wrote:
> > Best place would be the back of one of the old albums, where they
listed available recordings in lieu of liner notes

> From just such an album as I mentioned, which may have been used in
Canada only

Why bother re-inventing the wheel? There IS a discography with a numerical listing of this and all other Mercury series. Ruppli amd Novitsky's "The Mercury Labels." This 10000 series is on pages 494 thru 499 of Volume 5 and the 10-inch 15000 series is on pages 482-3. I'm surprised that Tom, of all people, doesn't apparently have this discography set! Actually, I only have volume 4 and 5 which popped up astonishingly cheap as new loose volumes on a book site last year. Vol 4 includes the 69-91 era and ALL the classical recordings back to the beginning. Vol 5 is the numerical listings and artist index. So if I had to have only two of the five, those were the best to find. I'll be glad to provide Tom with photocopies of these pages, as keyboarding all of this on the list would be very time and bandwidth consuming.

Mike Biel mbiel@xxxxxxx