From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kristy Buchalla
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:33 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] PVC film

Here is another terrific site:

http://videopreservation.stanford.edu/vid_id/index.html

Best,
Kristy

Kristy S. Buchalla
New Jersey Certified Librarian
Assistant Archivist
Doris Duke Charitable Foundation

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brandon Burke
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 1:30 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Motion picture film? Try checking out the Film Preservation Guide.
The "Understanding Film and How It Decays" section includes a few
pages on recognizing varying film stocks (nitrate, poly, etc.).

http://www.filmpreservation.org/preservation/film_guide.html

Hope that helps..

best,
Brandon.

Brandon Burke
Archivist for Recorded Sound Collections
Hoover Institution Archives
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-6010
vox: 650.724.9711