Re: [ARSCLIST] lp, cassette, 8-track cut-outs?

Most of the lps we got at several stations i worked with  had  punced holes in promo copies. Also many of the promo copies had  plain white labels with big letters "PROMO not for sale".
Often i would pick up "replacemnt" (really more copies for friends) from local label distributors which sold them for $1 a disc to stations, which they said was their cost. Again always punched but in the bottom corner.
Those were days when record producers  thought of radio as a partner.  The local radio reps would come to station with boxes of new releases and ask how many we needed for the "crew"  and make sure there was at least one left over for the station library. Ohh  was radio fun in the 50s.
Thats another part of the story about cuts and punches in lp covers... most promo copies were punched  not a cut.
dnw