To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] large scale flat-bed scanner

The Microtek Lab Scanner 9800 XL flatbed scanner with transparency adapter is becoming the scanner of choice for the dental profession because of its ability to scan panoramic x-rays. It is capable of usb, firewire or SCSI. I notice that it also has a pretty large scan bed, possibly large enough to accommodate lp album covers. They are available new at several locations online for about $1400 with the transparency adapter and somewhat less without.