Re: [ARSCLIST] more lacquer disk questions

--- On Thu, 8/7/08, Malcolm Smith <malcolms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I assume that you are referring to the arm bouncing because
> of warp
> in the record. Sometimes placing a dime on the top of the
> cartridge
> Will allow one to play the record. The characteristics of
> the arm and
> of the cartridge are both factors in this working or not
> and how bad the warp in the record is.

Another method of addressing the problem is to play the
record at half speed and speed it back up after the transfer.
This worked for a brass record my Dad recorded in Kyoto
during the occupation of Japan after WWII.  I'd have liked
to have seen the lathe that cut that thing.