[ARSCLIST] Visual evaluation of 78s

Is there a set of established standards for visual evaluation of 78 rpm discs? I'm working with the owner of a significant collection to catalog the discs and ultimately transfer them to digital form. I would like to include a preliminary note about the apparent condition of each disc as part of the preliminary catalog.

Obviously, the ultimate evaluation of each disc requires playing it, but as a first step, I want to go with a visual examination.

So I will welcome your pointers to any kind of commonly accepted terms for describing 78s. Thanks in advance.

John Ross