Re: [ARSCLIST] Visual evaluation of 78s

To my mind there are two types of problem.

-- Surface blemishes are relatively easy to see and span the range from
actual cracks and gouges and dimples, to small-area abrasions of
different depths -- plus fingerprints and mold, never good signs.

-- Groove wear in a well-handled (or machine-handled) disc can easily escape
notice until a grayish pall from too much use overtakes the usually hard
surface of the groove walls. This condition is far less easy to rate in its
intermediate stages, although a corollary indicator can be the condition of
the center hole.

clark