Re: [ARSCLIST] Glue on lacquer

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Glue on lacquer

joe@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If it is organic in nature, like corn syrup, I would think it would dissolve when treated with googone, lighter fluid, or maybe even soaking it in water, if that wouldn't damage the laminate.

Most likely it's not anything organic since I'd already cleaned them to remove the palmitic acid before I could even see the other gunk (that's how white the disc was).

If it is glue, I don't know what will remove glue, and certainly without damaging the laminate. Nail polish remover? Acetone? Energine? Paint thinner?

So what's on the things, anyway?

Some private recordings by Chaim Tauber.

dl