Re: [ARSCLIST] Sinatra & Ella: The King and the Queen.

Didn't Sinatra say something along the lines that Helen Forrest was the best singer among all of us?  Or is that story just apocryphal?

>>> Don Cox <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 7/11/2008 4:46 PM >>>
Hello Steven

On 09/07/08, Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]
If you don't mind going outside the US, Cheikh Lo has a great singing
voice. However, there is nothing like the range of work of Ella or
Sinatra - he spent most of his career as a studio session musician.
There are only 3 or 4 albums so far.

But worth hearing, especially the album "Bambay Gueej".

I am very unimpressed by the current crop of "jazz singers".

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx