[ARSCLIST] Need electronics advice for audio art project.

In one of my other lives as an artist/photographer I am hoping to make a hand-cranked power supply that will put out 6v dc and run a boombox or similar.  I have an old telephone magneto that puts out 50 volts AC. If someone has a bit of time to spare, could they email me off-list and fill me in on what type of transformer, diode bridge, voltage regulator, and anything else I might need to do this?  Money is tight and I don't want to end up with a lot of useless materials.

Thanks,

RA Friedman, Archivist, Freedman Jewish Music Archive
University of Pennsylvania

rafriedman@xxxxxxxxx