[ARSCLIST] Brahms Double Concerto 1946-05-14

I have in front of me two Magnetophonband Typ L reels of 30 in/s that's a competent recording sof the Brahms Double Concerto.

The only metadata on the boxes is:
Titel: Doppelkonzert von Brahms
Aufn.-Datum: 14. 5. 46
Auftrag-Nr.: Ma 403
Zahl der Bander: 1 (or 2) the "a" in Bander has an umlat

Any idea who may have performed this?

The recording was most likely made in Germany. It might have been part of a series of concerts sponsored by the Department of the Army as part of the "reconstruction" after the war. There is another concert with Lawrence Tibbett and Robert Lawrence in this collection -- that was four reels (bands). There's also the Lutz Templin Dance Band in the collection, but I'm going to leave that for tomorrow.

The Tibbett recording had many references to "Bob Lawrence" and I found a program from another concert in a different city a few days before or after this one that had similar repertoire, but there were at least announcements on the other one. This is tightly edited to the music. Ahh, the ending is where they invented the "warm sound of tape compression" and harmonic distortion. The concept of overloading tape wasn't well understood with Magnetophonband Typ L. It's sensitivity is about 18 dB (IIRC) below Scotch 111. Yick they cut the reverb at the end to lose the applause. No metadata on the tapes.

PLease don't waste much time on this, but if it rings a bell with someone, I'd appreciate knowing more.

Cheers,

Richard