Re: [ARSCLIST] ^! Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ACAT] Classical Music LPs available

I am going to try and get some more specifics

                                       Roger

"Steven C. Barr" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: ----- Original Message -----
From: "Cindy Stockard"
> "Zebrowski, Cheryl"  wrote:
> Our collections librarian asked me to post this:
>
> The Music Department at New Mexico Highlands would like to dispose of a
> large number of boxes of classical music lp records.  If you know of
> anyone who would be interested, please contact Leslie Broughton at
> 505/454-3408, labroughton@xxxxxxxxx

The forwarded message lacked a very few IMPORTANT details...

1) "Large number" is (A) a hundred (B) a thousand (C) many thousand
(D) more LP's than I have EVER seen in one place before.

2) "Boxes" is/are (A) medium-sized cardboard cartons (B) LARGE
cardboard cartons (C) specially-constructed wooden crates several
feet in each dimension (D) standard containers used for sea shipping.

3) "Disposed of" means (A) given away to anyone who will take the
dommed things (B) provided free to party/ies who meet our selected
qualifications (C) sold at a minimal price to interested parties
(D) Available, for $10 (or more if necessary) per phonorecord
to those purchasers who can present such documentation as we
shall ordain as requisite.

Fortunately, my interests lie only in the area of (1) shellac (or other)
78rpm phonorecords, (2) popular-music, blues, c&w or possibly
"ethnic" phonorecords...and New Mexico is many, many kilometers
from Oshawa, Ont'o., Canada (and I don't own an auto-mobile!)

More serious (in the emotional sense, anyway) participants of this
e-mail list are asked to note that the primary purpose of this rather
dubious message is to give all of yez a bit of a laugh...while reminding
the person with the phonorecords that a few more details might be
in order...!

Steven C. Barr
(NEVER take life seriously, you ain't gonna survive it...!)