Re: [ARSCLIST] Fire at Universal Studios

Anyone told them there were no tapes before late 1940s...

And that "other material" could be anything: master acetates, ledgers lists...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 3:51 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Fire at Universal Studios

Forward to me...from an article in the Tuesday Times.

"Despite fire, Universal Studios is open:"

"A spokesman for the Universal Music Group, a separate company that was storing material in the studio vault, said that a small number of tapes and other material by "obscure artists from the 1940s and '50s," including the pop singers Lenny Dee and Georgie Shaw, had been damaged."
Pop singer Lenny Dee? It left me wondering if they lost any of those Decca recordings by the obscure saxophone player, Leopold Stokowski...
Well at least they knew the late Georgie Shaw was a vocalist.
Karl