Re: [ARSCLIST] 1/4" paper leader

Sometimes you get lucky. A few months ago I needed record boxes for LP sets and CABCO still had them. That seems to be a one-man operation out of somebody's house at the moment..he was going to get back to me with a price on 16-inch sleeves and never did.

dl

Dave Nolan wrote:
Not sure if this is old news to some here or not, but I recall a discussion here a while back about where to find 1/4" paper leader, and folks seemed to be <bleep> out of luck (as we say in public radio) finding a source, especially for the Quantegy AC1L201WP archival quality leader.

Today on Glenn Meadows' mastering board, someone posted about Art Bradwein and Tape Makers in Westbury NY. I just spoke with Art, and he says that in fact his company was the manufacturer of the leader sold by Quantegy, as well as the blue splicing tape and several other products.

The best part was that he said they continue to manufacture this product to this day. $10 per 1000ft reel, minimum order of 5 reels. Didn't get prices on any other products, but he offered to send me an old catalog tomorrow, and said that most products are still available...

Contact info for those who have been in need of 1/4" paper:

Art Brandwein
Tape Makers Ltd.
48 Urban Ave.
Westbury, NY 11590