To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Columbia Records monthly supplements

I'm looking at the last Hawthorn auction (#122) and I don't see anything like this in either of the sections devoted to print. And the newest auction hasn't left the printer yet, according to Virginia.

There WERE some Columbia supplements in #122, but from 1915-16.

By the way, "The Label" is the biggest crock I've read about the phonograph industry. The guy had access to so much wonderful information, Goddard Lieberson's private diaries et al, and manages to make dozens of mistakes on every page, all of which could have been caught.

dl

Tom Fine wrote:
I think this one was different. Get a copy of Hawthorne's auction, it's in the middle of the listing.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Smolian" <smolians@xxxxxxxxx>