From: David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] MAGNETIC TAPE QUESTION
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, 22 May, 2008, 7:37 PM
http://uk.freecycle.org/recycle-links.php

Freecycle seems to be everywhere, by the way..I joined a
few months ago when I had a few hundred 78s to clear out of a storage unit. Get
rid of, look for..someone posted a request for C120 cassettes and I had
a few dozen I was glad to find a home for.

David Lennick wrote:
If you're in a major city (I see UK in your
address), you can bulk erase
the tapes and then post a listing on Freecycle. Tapes
go to someone who
can use them and environment is safe.

dl

Ishumael Zinyengere wrote:
Dear Colleagues

We have a huge collection of magnetic tape and so
many access copies
or backup copies were made that we would like to
dipose of some of the
magnetic audio tape cassettes since some have so
many copies and space
is a problem

What is the best disposal method for magnetic tape
without breaking
any laws of the environmental protection agency or
how have other
archives disposed of their material

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Ishumael Zinyengere

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.