Re: [ARSCLIST] Thermal CD Printers?

In a message dated 5/23/2008 12:03:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxx writes:

Again, not thermal, but I have recently acquired an HP C5200 series printer
for about $90, which has a special tray for inserting an inkjet-printable CD-R.
 I use it with SureThing 5 software, for which one of the print options is
the HP Photosmart C5200 series:

www.surething.com/ST

I have been very pleased with the results, using Taiyo Yuden CD-R's.  With my
particular CD-R's, the printed CD is not at all waterproof; the ink pretty
much washes away with water.  However, I see that the Dymo comes with three "3
glossy waterproof CD's" and that Taiyo Yuden offers "InkJet WaterShield" CD-R's
(model number CDR80WPPSB-WS):

www.taiyo-yuden.com/media/lineup.html

That said, these discs are on the expensive side ($0.52 each in quantities of
50):

www.rmeinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=2139

(Nonwaterproof T-Y CD-R's, e.g., CDR80WPY100SBZM, are $0.34 each in
quantities of 100 on the same site).

Good luck!

Jim Long
Senior Sales Support Engineer