Re: [ARSCLIST] Earthquake proofing 78s

--- alessandro bellafiore <alessandrobellafiore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not an expert in this field but I suppose that the a way to
> preserve 78s may not be the same in case of quake with vertical or
> lateral movements.

At AT&T we use these isolation platforms in our data centers:

http://www.worksafetech.com/pages/isobase.html#

You can get them in various sizes to support only a couple
racks, up to a whole row.  I'd assume if they can support
equipment racks, they can also support shelving.  Essentially
the floor moves, and the platform stays steady, or moves
much more slowly and gently floating above the floor.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

Be a better friend, newshound, and