Re: [ARSCLIST] Earthquake proofing 78s

When we had the Loma Prieta earthquake, though I'm South in Monterey county, I watched objects moving on shelves but not falling off the shelves. The movement was mostly up and down, A friend who lives North of here in the quake area reported to me that stacks of plates at his house didn't fall off the shelves but that many were broken. He suffered a great deal of damage. Clearly, the protection of 78rpm records is complicated.

Malcolm Smith.