Re: [ARSCLIST] Earthquake proofing 78s

I'm not an expert in this field but I suppose that the a way to
preserve 78s may not be the same in case of quake with vertical or
lateral movements. In this sense a soft base on a strong surface may
be a idea to limit vertical impulses which may determinate a fracture
in the record. For lateral movements I suppose it will be interesting
to put every few records something soft, e.g. foils of a chemically
reliable foam, and not leave partially empty shelves .
It may be interesting doing some empiric tests on it!
Just few ideas...
good the idea of elastic string around the shelves :)
bye
Alessandro