Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] RCA "Stereo for the Joy of It" set

You mean issued in 1959. Or, in fact, issued in stereo in 1959. The Reiner was recorded on November 9th, 1957.

SA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:05 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] RCA "Stereo for the Joy of It" set

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
OK, I did confirm that all the LPs in the set are shaded dog labels.

Here are the maxtrix numbers I found:

Reiner side A: J2 RY 3591 8S
Reiner side B: J2 RY 3592 7S

Fiedler side A: J2 RY 1979 10S
Fiedler side B: J2 RY 1980 10S

Munch side A: J2 RY 2114 5S
Munch side B: J2 RY 2115 5S

So the numbers before the S are different from what you listed. What does this
mean? Was this RCA's
cutter/cutter head code?

IIRC, the "J2" indicates a 1959 recording...I've seen a couple of "J"
matrices on VERY late 78's...!