Re: [ARSCLIST] Record Store day

I live in a city where most the thrift stores,either have not carried vinyl for several years,or have the same old tired,well picked over records,with nothing new ever added.You want 45s,or 78s? Sorry,you may as well be looking for midievil illuminated manuscripts.I do not have a car,to travel all over town,and hit yard sales,either.Once in a rare while I will find some good records at the flea market,but usually I just find cheap antiques to sell on eBay.

                                       Roger

David Goren <dbgoren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Actually, I have found many deals like that in used record stores,
and junk shops. That's part of the fun. I get a lot of pleasure out
of looking through boxes of actual objects, and having conversations
about music with other people in the store. Call me old fashioned.

And yes, I discovered Os Mutantes from Brazil in a used record shop.
The record store clerk was happy to play it for me, so I could check
it out. That's something that doesn't happen too often on eBay,
although now and then someone does put up short .mp3 samples.