Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital Sound Separator

Dave-

I asked that exact question and he seems to be using the DNA as he said he's been "fixing chords". I was confused
by that as well. But this is NY and things may be making their way into the boutiques earlier than the hoi polloi.
He does the scoring for the Power Rangers TV show...

AA

Dave Nolan wrote:
The version to be released in fall '08 will be added in to their plugin, which is $299.

At least as far as their website appears to say, Direct Note Access is not yet public.

Aaron - is your friend actually using DNA? Or just the current Melodyne plugin? I've also heard that the tuning plugin works great - a friend who has autotuned Susan Lucci for years - a couple of times a year when she "sings" on her soap opera - says it's indeed a great product.

They are promising a more "comprehensive" version for their full mutitrack editing product, Melodyne Studio, which is currently $699.

From the Celemony website:

http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna_intro4

"...The first Melodyne product with Direct Note Access will be Version 2 of Melodyne plugin which will come onto the market in the Fall 2008. In the course of time, Direct Note Access will then be integrated into all the products in the Melodyne product family. The most comprehensive Direct Note Access functionality will be offered by Melodyne studio..."

I'm wondering if this product can recognize an off-key bass note that has been picked up by an open mic for another instrument for a multitrack recording, or if it can only separate polyphonic sounds that all originated with the same instrument (i.e.- guitar, as in their demo: http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna

Does anyone here have any experience with the full multitrack Melodyne Studio? I'd love to hear if it has any features that would make it a useful addition to the software arsenal...

dave nolan
92nd Street Y
nyc