Re: [ARSCLIST] Coook Records question

And for a time in the 70s, Dave Goldin was keeping them in print along with his Radiola LPs.

dl

Steve Weiss wrote:
Hi,
The Cook archives are held by the Smithsonian. More info available at

http://www.folklife.si.edu/center/Archives/archives_Cook.html

They have an online inventory to the collection.

Steve

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:

Does anybody know anything about the history of Cook Records,from after 1966,when Cook supposedly stopped issuing records,and up until when Emory Cook died ? I ask,as I recently bought a copy of "King Sparrow's Calypso Carnival",on the cream colored label,with writing in a darker shade of red than the usual 60s label.The record is dated 11-1-74,in the dead vinyl.None of my other Cooks are dated like this,but the writing here is identical to what is on my older black label Cooks.Did Cook stop making new records,and simply keep select titles in print ?I have never seen a Cook record where the vinyl is dated,and certainly not one so late.

Roger

between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99