Re: [ARSCLIST] Dylan's "Great White Wonder" - query

In a message dated 4/10/08 8:02:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mahatma57@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> This site: http://www.bobsboots.com/boots/0GWanswersnum.html
> has some info about the various iterations of GWW, with
> photos of thediscs from each incarnation. The titles you
> list are most likely written (as best guesses) by the
> previous owner of the disc.
> Dylan bootleg-ography is a huge subject in and of itself,
> and I'm sure some web explaoration will find many sources of
> information/disinformation, but regarding GWW, here is a
> quote from the above-mentioned site:
>
> "There is a near endless variety of ways in which this LP
> can be found.  The same companies have packaged the same
> album many ways.  Some of these packages have been altered
> by the distributors, retailers, and even by the end line
> consumer.  Along with the minor intentional alterations
> (such as changes in insert color) there are inadvertent
> minor changes such as differing hues of the same color
> cardboard stock used for jackets, or raw vinyl used to press
> the LP.  It would be  not only a herculean task to try to
> document every insignificant minor unintentional variant,
> but would serve little practical purpose, and would be way
> beyond

Thanks for this.  I know little about vinyl LP products. Now I understand how
this particular assortment of stuff was marketed, legally and otherwise.

Paul Charosh

Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL
Travel Guides.